Thursday, September 8, 2011

Remembering the Dads of 9/11

     A tear rolled down my cheek as I read the article.  A quote from a sad-eyed 9-year-old boy, “I wish my dad could be here,” broke my heart.  There were many children that never knew the loving touch of their fathers after the tragedy on September 11, 2001.  They were born shortly following that horrible day to a grieving mother as the rest of us watched with tears and compassion like none I had ever seen in America.  Prayers and donations were poured out by millions of people, for the futures of these children left abandoned by evil.  I especially think of the little boys…



Time between a boy and his father is precious.  Bits and pieces of memories being filed away; a boy is training to walk in the footsteps of his mentor, his dad.


This year on September 11, 2011, I will think about all of the little boys who never knew the love of their earthly father.  May they seek and find the hand of the Heavenly Father to mold them and make them the men they were meant to be.  I pray that I will always be grateful that my son does have his dad to teach and guide him.  And although my husband isn’t always the perfect parent, neither of us hold that title, I will be thankful.  Every day they have together is a blessing.






No comments: