Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cherishing my Children

     They come into our lives with a bang!  We spend nine months planning and reading parenting books.  We decorate nurseries and listen to words of wisdom, and "think" we are ready.  After the shock is over and we have adjusted, we raise them up...




There are struggles and stages; phases and milestones and before we know it (so they tell me) they are gone.  They make a landing into their place in this world...



Only so many years to be with them every day.  Make the most of it...I tell myself.  The years breeze by and they are growing.  Growing up.....and landing.



I have cared for you since you were born. Yes, I carried you before you were born. I will be your God throughout your lifetime – until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.” (Isaiah 46:3-4 NLT)

It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men. ~Frederick Douglass

No comments: