Monday, December 19, 2011

'Tis Always the Season


Deck the halls with boughs of holly, ‘tis the season to be Jolly!


Have you ever known someone who can’t seem to be jolly?  Not just at this season, but ever.  It’s hard when they try to drag you down too.  I will continue to pray for them, and for how it affects me, I will thank Jesus for this for in even THIS, there is glory.

Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.  For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.  So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen.  For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

Each day there is something to wake up and be thankful for in my life.  The joy comes from a life with Christ.  No carrying it all alone.  No being led by the wind, blowing this way and that.  Something to trust in and believe in, an eternal hope, a love when I may not feel loved, an ear to listen when I’m not feeling heard.  My good spirits, my merriment doesn’t have to come from my ever changing circumstances.  My joy should come from within, from what I believe in, from the life I share with my savior.  He was born and died for me and he did this for everyone, EVERY DAY.  Joy to the world!

No comments: